Hi my name is Jon and I am a fun, local Columbus tennis coach with over 53 years of playing experience and over 20 years of teaching experience! I am also a USPTA Certified Tennis Professional and a PTR Certified Tennis Professional. I am a former two-time state high school singles champion from Columbus, Ohio. I played on a full tennis scholarship at Texas Christian University for two years before finishing up my collegiate career on a full tennis scholarship at The Ohio State University where I was nominated to the All-Big Ten First Team in 1979. In 2000, I was voted by the Columbus Dispatch as one of the Top 100 high school athletes in central Ohio for the entire 20th century. I was also ranked as the #1 singles player in the Ohio Valley Tennis Association from 1972-1974 and was #3 in the Western Tennis Association during the same time period and I qualified on multiple occasions for the national junior singles tournament in Kalazamoo, Michigan. I have won over 100 singles tournaments on both local & regional levels. Following my collegiate years and after playing on several satellite tennis circuits, I taught tennis as a full-time instructor at the Kettering Tennis Center from 1979 to 1981 and at Wickertree Racquet Club in Columbus in 1982 working with all ages and levels.
I am offering fun private tennis lessons, semi-private tennis lessons, group tennis lessons and hitting only sessions for all ages (kids, teens, adults, seniors) and for all skill levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced). So whether you need to work on some specifics like your forehand, backhand, volley, serve, service return, overhead, drop shot, approach shot, footwork, singles strategy or doubles strategy-I would be more than happy to help you out with your tennis game!
I teach tennis lessons in the Columbus area over at Hastings Middle School, Upper Arlington High School, Thompson Park, Fancyburg Park, Jones Middle School, Olentangy Park, Thomas Worthington High School and Olympic Indoor Tennis but I am also willing to travel up to 25 miles to a tennis court that’s conveniently located near you.
Please contact me through my FindTennisLessons.com coach page and then I will contact you back within 24 hours to introduce myself, answer any questions and if you are interested, we’ll set-up your first tennis lesson or hitting session at a time and place that is convenient for you. I look forward to hearing from you and I look forward to the opportunity to be your Columbus tennis coach. See you on the court!
Private Tennis Lessons (1 Player): $60 Per Hour
Semi-Private Tennis Lessons (2 Players): $30 Per Hour Each
Group Tennis Lessons (3+ Players): $20 Per Hour Each
Hitting Only Sessions (1 Player): $45 Per Hour
Teaches All Ages & All Skill Levels!
*Please note that if you are interested in semi-private tennis lessons (2 players) or group tennis lessons (3+ players), you will first need to find a friend(s) to take tennis lessons with you before contacting me.
- Local Columbus Tennis Coach
- USPTA & PTR Certified Tennis Professional
- Ohio 2-Time State High School Singles Champion
- Texas Christian University Tennis Scholarship
- Ohio State University Tennis Scholarship
- Ohio State University All Big Ten First Team
- Top 100 Central Ohio High School Athlete (20th Century)
- Ohio Valley Tennis Association #1 Singles Player (1972-1974)
- Western Tennis Association #3 Singles Player (1972-1974)
- Won Over 100 Local & Regional Singles Tournaments
- Multiple National Junior Singles Tournament Qualifier
- Played On Several Satellite Circuits After College
- Kettering Tennis Center Tennis Coach (1979-1981)
- Wickertree Racquet Club Tennis Coach (1982)
- Current Olympic Indoor Tennis Coach
- Teaches All Ages & All Skill Levels